Hello.
Finally back from Badger's camp. Badgers are primary school students who are interested in SJAB. At first I didn't want to join because I was too lazy to but Pauline Mdm begged me to (and she's an officer from the national headquarter of SJAB) and most of my Sinmal friends would be there so...why not?Not too bad a camp I should say, it's got its bad and juicy moments as a good camp should. Decided to add a "Likes" and "Dislikes" list in my blog so go check it out if you have nothing better to do.
Oh and *arhem* I kind of misplaced the list of blog adds so...I'm not linking anyone's blogs. So sorry...
How was Badger's camp? Not bad I guess. I've got a really good partner whose also from Sinmal. I remember the first time we interacted was when he offered to help bring Cartan and my uniforms up to the second-floor Brigade officer room. My team and his would sit together (it was compulsory) during meals and it is always me and him who would finish eating the leftovers, occassionally with Diya and Joshua. I'm grateful he's one who can accommodate and compromise, we get along well. So well that everyon (as in the Badgers a.k.a the kids)suspects we're steads. (0-o) Perhaps other non-sinmal group leaders other than Mei Yi thought so as well...Does sharing a cup, getting drinks for one another, having conversations when there's nothing to do, wearing his jacket because it was a cold morning and working well together mean that he's my stead???
Well, it ain't my fault he announced it to my group, I had to play along. Would the kids believe me if I said no? And they would pester him about his girlfriend so to save both of us from future torments, I played along without voicing out directly that I am his 'girlfriend'.
In truth, he's really not my type of guy. He's good-looking, yes, I'll admit that. He's so sweet as to help me carry my bag when I had gastric, to help me carry my things because "sick people should not be carrying anything" even though it's just my hp, notebook, camp booklet and pen, to go for the debriefing because I haven't bathed yet, to carry back the benches and tables because I'm a girl and am of a smaller build than him and lending me his jacket when it got cold. He's got good character traits, leadership talents and is highly capable of motivating and getting along really well with the kids...they loved him (he's going to make such a good father). He knows how to treat a girl and this is one major point I find many many guys lack. But he's got a girlfriend and is much of a blur troublemaker who keeps misplacing his things in which I always had to find them for him. He reminds me so much of my father I might as well be having an unhealthy love for my own father. Which is highly disturbing.
Besides I prefer guys who like to wear shirts. They look so...charming.
Too bad on the last day, I came down with one of the worse cases of gastric I've had in my short going-to-be-17 years of living. It started out once I got up in the morning and got worse as the day goes on. Had 2 panadols and a pill strictly for gastric pains and still it got worse.
To the point that I wanted to cry. But that was stupid. So I held back my tears and keep as much a straight face as possible because I didn't want to prove to my partner that I'm weak and fragile as he thinks.
And the stupid part was someone wanted to take a photograph of all of us group leaders. So I had to make my way up to the hall on the second level while I was at the first-floor canteen. The guys offered to carry me up but that was too embarrassing, so I said no. With the help of Mei Yi and Carlene, managed to get up to the hall, sit down and smile without looking too much in pain. In fact, I really was grateful that Carlene, Mei Yi and my partner helped me a lot on the last day while I was suffering from gastric pains. They ate with me at the hawker centre while the rest were in Macs, they helped to get a taxi for me to go home...Mei Yi and Carlene are my friends so yeah...but my partner...he did it because I'm his partner (he smsed me after I thanked him) and his friend and I don't think many guys will do that to their female friends.
Also on the last day, a girl had an epileptic attack. At first I thought she was playing around because she kept pointing at the sky but on closer look, I realised that her eyeballs were rolled up and that she was having a fit. Was kind of scared her fit will go on and on like that girl in SAC...but luckily, it stopped after about 10 seconds or so and she was fine.
So yup, camp was not bad but hopefully their meals will be much better than this...